Oral Cancer Screening
Regular visits to dental professionals and minimizing risk factors are the best ways to safeguard yourself from oral cancers. Although rare, these cancers do have a low survival rate, and early detection is the best indicator for survival. Every exam, our dentists will carefully examine your head, neck, and mouth to detect any abnormalities or suspicious growths. If you’ve notices any abnormal lumps or bumps in your neck or mouth, let one of our dentists know.
What Are the Risk Factors for Oral Cancer?
There are several well-established risk factors for oral cancer, these include:
- Tobacco Use – Cigarettes, Chewing Tobacco, Pouches
- Heavy Alcohol Consumption
- Exposure to sunlight – protect yourself from lip cancer with UV blocking lip balm
- Poor immune system function
- A parent or relative has been diagnosed with oral cancer